, , ,

Goa - A Shopper's Delight

10:53 PM

While most of us enjoy being at the beach, crisscrossing North, South and Old Goa, visiting forts and churches and devouring the goan cuisine,  I stumbled upon its shopping side.


Goa is a shopper’s dream. With the onset of October nearly all the beaches are occupied with vendors offering goodies at throw away prices.  Anjuna Wednesday Flea Market, Mackies Market at Baga and Arpora’s Ingo Saturday Night Market are best known places for the range of books, tea, spices, handicrafts, garments, junk jewellery and numerous funky items. Apart from these known marketplaces there are others worth visiting for its exquisite and indigenous collection. A word of advice here, to whichever market you enter the mantra remains the same “Bargain, Bargain and Bargain”. It is an integral part of shopping in Goa which has its own zing. Do not let anything slip out of your hand which has caught your attention as you will get it at your price.











These beach markets are colourful, chaotic and full of life. You can commonly see these markets outside the beaches of Baga, Calangute, Arambol and Anjuna. In my three day trip to Goa, I was all head over heels at the sight and was all wrapped up in going around all the market places. I was awestruck by the bold use of colours, design and shapes. The inspiration led me to designing handmade accessories. I made some twists in the traditional crochet and modelled with my own set of earrings.





Some of you may not be interested in buying but it would be worth strolling by and if you are tired just step into any of the cafes nearby. Every week there are local, national and international bands playing to set the mood right. With good food and good music you design a vibe which is irresistible. From Sushi’s, Tofu Salads at Bean Me Up, Burmese cuisine and Momo’s, it is delight for foodies. The succulent and juicy whole roasted chicken sold by a German guy near Ingo’s is totally worth the money.


I feel Goa has something special always and something new to be explored each time. One should try to go beyond the beaches to discover all the facets Goa has in store.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

About me

Nothing better than this blog can describe me well. I am a passionate craft lover, an avid traveler and an amateur photographer. I love meeting people, going places and also making friends. My traveling tale started when I was just 5 and my journey continues. The color, culture and traditions that I come across inspire my creations.

Contact me

You can drop me an email at adi.agarwala@gmail.com.

Blog Archive